Thursday, June 25, 2009

Is Technology My Friend or Foe?!?

First of all, let me apologize for dropping off the planet last fall (blog-wise). The Apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthians, "I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some" (1 Cor. 9:22). But I've got to confess to you...I'm not sure that he was thinking about blogging and trying to maintain a presence on three social networking sites (facebook, MySpace, and ShoutLife) when he wrote those words! ;-)

In all seriousness, as the Nationwide commercial says, "Life comes at you fast." I just haven't felt that I had the time to blog as I had intended. Whether that's the fault of my schedule or my priorities, I'm not sure. But my goal at this moment is to reignite my blog and to be more intentional and regular in my entries.

I hope you'll forgive my digital absence.

One of the reasons I want to get back to blogging is that my daughter Becca and I are leaving next week for Senegal, West Africa...and I want you to join us on the journey (at least virtually). We covet your prayers as we travel to this nation held by folk Islam (Islam mixed with traditional animistic and anscestral practices). We will be seeking opportunities to enter villages where we can share relevant Bible stories and pray for people in the name of Jesus Christ. Our hope is to open some doors and build some bridges that will provide future mission opportunities.

Between now and when we leave on Monday, you can pray that God will give us clarity of thought in our preparations and packing. Until next time, "Jerejef" (Thank You in the Wolof language)...

No comments: