Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Canadian Adventure Update


Let me update you on my Canadian adventure.

I've taught two class sessions thus far, and they've been great. I think I've been preaching as much as I've been teaching, though, but hey...! Seriously, I'm getting to know the students. Every member of the seminary faculty has been so gracious to me. It's kind of strange being called "Dr. Robertson" all the time by everybody. Ha! I'm used to (and prefer) being called "Bro. Larry," but this is an academic community...and when in Rome...

I preached in chapel this morning. It went okay, I suppose. But I'm more of a 35-45 minute preacher and to condense my thoughts down to 25 minutes proved a real challenge. Anyone who knows me knows that if I only preach 25 minutes, I must not feel well. Ha! Thank you to those of you who prayed for me as I preached!

On another note, we prayed especially for Tennessee/Union University this morning in chapel regarding the tornadoes that came through Tennessee yesterday and last night. There are several Union connections here at the seminary, including Dr. Steve Booth (the CSBS academic dean) who is missionary-in-residence at Union University this semester. He will be filling the pulpit at Hilldale in my absence this Sunday...I hope! :-)

Please continue to pray for me. I'll be preaching at an area church tonight on the subject of evangelism. Then I'll also be preaching Sunday at an area church. Of course, I'll be teaching my evangelism class along the way, too. Pray that God will give me clarity of thought and speech. I don't know that I've ever been any busier on a mission trip...this is just a different kind of busy...but WOW I'm worn smack out!

Until next time...

No comments: