Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'm coming home for the weekend!

I've been in Canada for almost two weeks, and I'm having such a fulfilling experience...but I've got to tell you, I'm missing my family. I told Beth today in an E-mail, "If absence makes the heart grow fonder, I'm really, really fond of you right now!" But I fly out of Calgary Saturday morning and will be home in the late afternoon! Can't wait to see Beth and the girls!

I've had the privilege to hang out with some great folk since being here. I've eaten in the homes of Aaron (and Alicia) Scofield and Jeremiah (and Mindy) Pierson, both seminary students. I ate lunch today with Paul Johnson, director of evangelism for the Canadian Convention of Southern Baptists (their national convention). I'm eating dinner with Cesar (and Mary) Parra tomorrow night. God's given me the opportunity to forge some relationships that I pray will stay intact for many years to come. I look forward to watching how God uses these folk I've had a chance to serve as Professor.

My trip home allows me to preach the morning and evening services at Hilldale, then I'll fly back to Canada on Monday. I'll finish my third week of teaching and then will come back home. My students, on the other hand, will be busy for a month after the class sessions are over finishing up the assignments I've given them. Of course, now that I think about it, then I'll be the one who'll be mighty busy since I'll have to grade all those assignments! Uh-oh. :-)

I'm rambling, but I wanted to bring you up to speed on how my Canadian Adventure is going. Thank you for praying...please continue to do so!

By the way, we got snow yesterday. It was wonderful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brother,
Sorry I have not called you but I deleted the email with your room phone number. It sounds like you are eating very good during your stay. Although that is no suprise to any of us, all Baptist Pastors worth there salt love to eat & you are no exception...LOL...
I know the girls are excited about your trip home this weekend as am I. I am ready to get you off the teaching stump & back into the Pulpit. I miss you as my brother but I also miss my Pastor as well. Enjoy your meal tonight & remember I will work all those meals off on the racketball court when the Family Life Center opens.
Love, James

AJ French said...

What a kewl blog!

I've enjoyed reading and seeing the pictures...have a safe trip home and God bless you and your family.