Thursday, July 9, 2009

And so our time in Africa comes to a close...

I can't believe it, but this day has come--our last day in Africa. In fact, we just finished supper and are about to load up our luggage and head to the airport.

Today, we hit two villages...the second one is the one where Chief Malick Fay (pr. "Fye") is also the local Islamic Imam. The other pastor and I had the opportunity and freedom to present the truth of the the gospel according to the Bible. While the chief wasn't really receptive to our message, there were about 10 guys from the village sitting nearby listening to every word. My prayer is that if the chief rejects the gospel, perhaps one of those who listened today will hear Christ speaking to his heart. Please join me in that prayer.

I've got to cut my post short tonight since we're getting ready to hit the road. Becca and I catch our flight at 2:30 a.m. (9:30 p.m. Central Time) and will land at JFK in New York at 6:45 a.m. While we're there...and since we don't fly home until 8:00 p.m....we're going to spend the day messing around in Manhattan.

We're so ready to get home...For those of you who are Hilldale folk, I can't wait to see you Sunday!

No comments: