Monday, July 6, 2009

It's been a LONG day...thought I'd just show you some pics

This gives you some idea of how difficult their farming task is...

Relaxing just before lunch...notice the teapot near my knee.
Tree Huggers! Not exactly...actually we're seeing how many people it takes to circle the baobab tree. It took all nine of us! They're huge...and ancient.

The team and one of our translators, Charles.

Me and Augustine...I'm the one on the right.

Becca and Alexander...Becca's the one on the right. ;-)


Becca didn't really want me to take this picture or put it on here...but I think it's a great picture. This is just before lunch and we're just sitting with the villagers talking (building relationships).

Becca was a huge hit with her beads with the girls! She helped them make bracelets and necklaces...and she went through (you ready for this?) over 5,000 beads with about 20 girls! I told you she was a hit...


Remember the teapot? This is the strongest, sweetest tea I've ever put in my mouth! But it is awesome! Imagine the tea concentrate you have in a saucepan when you steep your tea. That's what this is, and with A LOT of sugar. Look out Lipton!

Becca separated peanuts for three hours! She says her back hurts. :-)

1 comment:

Morgan Robertson said...

aww! these pictures are sooo cute! miss ya'll!